2015-2016 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Innovative Communication Design (Certificate)
Innovative Communication Design (ICD) is a professional certificate program designed for individuals interested in improving their professional presence in today’s technology-driven society. ICD is built on the idea that creative problem solving is the most valuable and transferable survival skill in a constantly evolving marketplace. Students will learn creative approaches and strategies for innovation, become knowledgeable in a range of media and design production tools and gain an understanding of cutting edge marketing and media contexts.
The ICD program will be offered exclusively through online classes. It is a graduate certificate program for individuals who want to complement their undergraduate degree and/or professional work with experience and skills needed in today’s job market.
Coverage of Topics includes:
In support of the ICD’s overall goal of developing strategies for and approaches to creative problem solving, the program will cultivate the following abilities in its students:
- Demonstrate fundamental design principles and techniques.
- Assess, navigate and effectively use emerging technologies.
- Utilize their media fluency to design and implement marketing strategies.
- Effectively use industry-standard production tools.
- Utilize innovative problem solving techniques to develop effective graphic presentations.
- Prepare professional-quality presentations in a variety of media
- Communicate effectively with specific target audiences.
- Use existing technology in innovative ways to create diverse projects.
ICD 500 Creative Concept Development (3 credits)
ICD 501 Basic Design Aesthetics (3 credits)
ICD 502 Creative Communications (3 credits)
Plus 6 credits drawn from the list of ICD elective courses that are selected to give the student a focused engagement in one or more aspects of the ICD curriculum and meet the student’s personal interests and professional needs.